And we wonder why folks complain about us....


TEACHER magazine (which seemingly has case issues), part of the edweek.org network, carries a column written by teachers educators (excuse me) who belong to the Teacher Leaders Network, which, according to their logo, is a "center for teaching quality."

I got an email this week leading to "Teaching Secrets: Managing October Exhaustion."

I wasn't aware that I'm supposed to be exhausted yet, coming off a couple of very restful months, though raking up clams did make my muscles ache, and come to think of it, picking tomatoes in August may have tapped my reserve. Hey, maybe I am exhausted and don't know it.

So what's at the top of the list for exhausted educators who are collapsing under the strain of working, say, a month or two?

(T)ake a “personal day,” or two, and enjoy it. The kids will survive.
Elena "The exhaustion that typically hits teachers in
October assaulted me in mid-September this year" Aguilar

The kids will survive.

And we call ourselves professionals.





The logo was lifted from Teacher Magazine.

Blog Archive