Viruses, computer and otherwise


We come to the last few days of the darkest 6 weeks of the year. I've picked up my own bug to complement the one that ended my dependence on Windows.


In the past few weeks I have too much time fixing things that were supposed to make my life simpler. It's an old lesson, and one you've heard before:

An hour putting in a new CD/DVD (yes, too long, I need to speak to Mr. Dell), about 10 hours trying to clean up the Windows before I gave it up, an hour (or 2 or 3) reading and studying up on Linux before making the jump. A small chunk of time sending out password requests to Wikispaces for my class, then learning their policy had changed, an email I missed because the school server was down, so tonight I will spend a bit more time redoing that.

I've spent more time chatting with folks I've never met than I have with family. This is not sane, and I suspect it's not healthy.

I get cranky when viruses use me as the Love Boat, but something deeper than that is stirring this dark mood.

When did I fall into the rabbit hole?

[And the gods just responded--an error code when I tried to post this.]

Micrograph by Dr. Stephan BielRobert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany

Blog Archive