Easy Grade Pro? More like Beer League

4.0.1a, released January 2007
Fixes: Numerous problems related to summaries, standards, reports, copying, dropping and more have been corrected.

4.0.3, released August 2008
Fixes: Exporting XML Gradebook, dropping of scores, and several minor fixes

4.0.3.15 released October 2008
Fixes: Auto-entry of rubric scores, dropping of scores.

So says Orbis Software, the creators of Easy Grade Pro.
Mine has burped for the second time in less than two months.


Here's a lesson in grammar: If something's fixed, it means
it's no longer broke.



Dollar to doughnuts the next version will also "fix" dropping.



A few teachers get together two times a month to share techniques--we spent yesterday's session learning new technologies to use in the classroom. Shiny new things excite me.

I got back to my gradebook at 4 o'clock. By 8:45, I had 60% of the damage repaired. Another few hours and I'll be done with EGP for the marking period.

I may be done with it for good.

(Yes, it's wonderful when it works--but when the date comes up January 1904, when a child who left your class months ago reappears as an assignment title, when the program prints a number just slightly different from what you see on the monitor, well, trust becomes a factor.)

Does EGP save time? Yep.
Can I make do without? Yep.
Which is easier? Easy Grade Pro.

Still, expedience is not enough reason to adopt a program.

(And now I await the passionate cries defending a crippled system.)


Blog Archive