How I find the resources I share on this blog



Some of my readers and colleagues have asked me how I find the resources that I share on this blog, so I decided to tell you.


1. Google - I do Google searches for different things like "educational technology", "social networking", "web 2.0", "project based learning" and any other topic I'm looking for. 


2. My PLN - my Personal Learning Network is a great resource. These educators share their resources, ideas, and tips on Twitter and on their blogs. Here are some of the people in my PLN


3. Blogs - both by educators and technology and education companies. Check my PLN list for some of the blogs I follow and check out My "Great Edtech Blogs" Bundle on the right column of this blog. I use Google Reader to follow blogs, news sites, and more to keep up with the latest information, trends, and more. 


4. Discovery Education - the DE Network and many of their resources are great for using in school, but some of their resources share other resources with you and you can find a lot of great things on the DEN Blog Network


5. Journals - there are two free educational journals that I subscribe to that have a huge number of resources: Tech&Learning Magazine and THE Journal. Check them out!


6. Conferences (and unconferences) - I attend 3-6 educational conferences each year. Not only do I learn some great things there, but I make more connections to add to my PLN.




Where do you find your resources?







Blog Archive