documentary about the major sources of the food produced in the United States

That’s one reason why I do my best to live a vegan lifestyle (in addition to my empathy for, and solidarity with, the animals whose lives are hijacked for use and abuse in animal agriculture and other economic sectors); it’s a relief to me to be able to sit out at least a portion of a system that is dishonest, environmentally damaging, and exploitative of animals and workers alike.
Food, Inc. made all of the above very clear, but as angry as viewers will and should be, its presentation is not that of a dire, overly earnest, relentlessly depressing documentary. It is made visually interesting by the use of graphics and animations (such as charts and moving text), and it tells a number of human stories that bring the material to life. I hope that people will see Food, Inc. but that afterward they won’t be quite as frustrated as I sometimes am by the way the world works.

Blog Archive